Using MountainTrue’s action pages for North Carolina and South Carolina, you can submit a letter with a single click to all of your Senators and Representatives, as well as utility regulators in both states. Please visit the page and share at bit.ly/NoDukeLines or bit.ly/NoDukeLinesSC
You can and should personalize your letter, here are some additional talking points:
- Ask for additional local public hearings
- Ask for independent study and complete consideration of impacts and alternatives
- Ask your local government to advocate for your concern!
- South Carolina residents: Ask for a public hearing before the Utilities Commission in Western N.C.
- South Carolina residents: Ask for additional independent study of the project need, impact and alternatives. Ask for ANOTHER public hearing for those who did not get to speak.
- Ask our regulatory representatives to be sure the commission is not too “cozy” with the utilities companies.
- Ask for Duke to submit a plan that TRULY incorporates the public input with methods that suit our needs.